Outside Sales Estimator
Puhlmann Lumber & Design is currently seeking a full-time Sales & Project Coordinator. You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and experience of building materials to guide contractors and homeowners through their project.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read and interpret house plans and specifications
- Consults with customer to determine project requirements by preparing information regarding design, specifications, materials, and estimated costs (i.e., new homes, additions, remodels, decks, garages, millwork, doors, etc.)
- Enter estimates, orders and invoices into company’s computer system
- Strong communication skills and willingness to call builders and homeowners to discuss project information
- Excellent organization and time management skills are essential
- Desire to seek out the most efficient and effective way to solve problems and complete tasks
- Place orders and monitor scheduled shipping dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite, as needed. Follow up with customer complaints or concerns.
- Handles incoming phone calls and e-mails from customers and provides requested information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Answers customer questions regarding topics such as pricing, availability delivery, backorders, specifications, returns, credits and order placements
- Ability to measure, climb and lift
- Previous experience in sales and estimating, preferably in the construction and/or building material industry.
- Experience in working with contractors
- Computer and technology skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
- High school diploma or higher
- Ability to pass legal drug and background checks
Competitive benefit package available
Puhlmann Lumber & Design employees are all members of one team. We are all working towards a common goal of helping our customers. As a team we are able to accomplish continuous improvement in service, quality, knowledge, profitability and fun. We expect every team member to seek out new customers and strive to keep the ones we have. By giving extraordinary customer service, quality products and competitive pricing we continue to have a successful business. These are not only our common goals but also our common expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects